How to Join our League
Registrations for the 2019 – 2020 Season begin August 15, 2019.
Early Bird rates are in effect from August 15, 2019 to September 25, 2019.
There is a $50 late fee after the leagues have started.
How to Register
Registration for the 2019-2020 Season is now done online using our electronic form and by using e-transferring your fee to our account by using this email address: email@example.com or you can print the Application and mail it in or by visiting the club and paying by cheque. (Cheques can be made payable to Sun Parlour Curling Club).
Before you register – Determine your Membership Type
How you register will depend on whether you are an “Unlimited” curler or not.
The following curlers are “Unlimited” curlers and will register using the “Unlimited” division:
- Junior curlers (Any curler aged 13-17 years gets unlimited curling)
- New curlers (Any curler who has never been a member of SPCC gets unlimited curling their first year).
- Returning curlers (Any 2nd year curler or a curler who has not been a member of SPCC for the past 3 years gets unlimited curling as a returning curler).
- Student curlers (Any curler aged 19-24 years gets unlimited curling as a student curler)
- Unlimited curlers (A regular SPCC curler that intends to sign up for more than 1 league should choose the “Unlimited” Full or Half year option as it is cheaper than the single league rate)
- Little rockers (ages 8-12) and members of SPCC for 3 or more years that are only playing in one league will not use the “Unlimited” curler division. Instead they will choose the league they wish to sign up for as their division.
Non-curlers will choose to register either under the “OCA Affiliate” division or under the “Social Member” division.
Before you register – Determine your League preference.
The 2019-2020 leagues start October 22, 2019 and will run roughly to the end of March.
Currently the following leagues are scheduled:
- Little Rockers (Sundays at 1:00 pm)
- Ladies Skip’s Entry (Mondays at 6:30 pm)
- Men’s Recreational (Mondays at 8:45 pm)
- Senior Men (Tuesdays at 1:00 pm)
- Mixed Recreational (Tuesdays at 6:30 pm & 8:45 pm)
- Ladies Recreational (Wednesdays at 6:30 pm)
- Open Ice Practice (Wednesdays at 8:45 pm)
- Sturling (Thursdays at 10:00 am & 11:00 am)
- Men’s Skip’s Entry (Thursdays at 6:30 pm & 8:45 pm)
- Afternoon Open (Fridays at 2:00 pm)
- Mixed Fun Night (Fridays at 6:30 pm & 8:45 pm)
For the above leagues where there are two times, this is a single league but has two draws. Depending on the schedule, your team may play at either time.
Please note that league dates and times may change depending on the interest. Junior leagues are only open to curlers aged 8-18. Ladies & men’s leagues are gender specific and are open to curlers aged 13+. Sturling, Mixed, and Open leagues are for any curler aged 13+.
If you have any questions, please ask the Membership Director or contact us.
You may sign up for more than one league, but be sure to do so as an “Unlimited” curler so that you get the best available rate.